Born and brought up in Mumbai, India, Tanvi Pathare showed a growing interest in Fine Arts since a very early age. Encouraged by family, she began her art education at the prestigious Sir J.J. School of Art in Mumbai and received her Bachelors in Fine Arts (Painting) with outstanding grades, topping the University.
After being allured by the Realistic tradition of painting from nature, Tanvi applied and was Accepted into the Florence Academy of Art, Florence, Italy (FAA).
Here she was honored By the Best Painting of the Year from the Intermediate Studio of the School among other awards. She taught in the Academy in their Sculpture Drawing Studio. She was awarded for her Outstanding Performance in Art in her final academic year.
Tanvi presently works in a studio space in Florence while continuing to be an instructor in the Academy’s Drawing and Painting Program.
· Completed Bachelors of Fine Arts Degree course (B.F.A) –Year 2009 in Drawing and Painting at SIR J.J.SCHOOL OF ART, MUMBAI, INDIA.(Stood first in Mumbai university)
· Elizabeth Green-shields Foundation Award, Canada. December 2012.
· Fourth Year Prize Scholarship at The Florence Academy of Art 2012-2013.
· Awarded Third place in the Sixth Alumni Exhibit,2012.
· Student Instructor at the Sculpture Drawing studio of The Florence Academy of Art,2011-2012.
· Prized with the ARC student Scholarship Award,2010-2011,..the third place.
· Awarded Study/Work Scholarship by The Florence Academy Of Art in the post of Studio Assistant, 2010-2011.
· Awarded K.C. Mahindra Scholarship Trust Fund for Study Abroad 2009.
· Stood First at the Bachelors of Fine Art, Mumbai University Degree program, Year 2009.
· M. S. Shirgaonkar award for 'BEST PORTRAIT’ at Kaladeep Annual Art Exhibition, Mumbai 2007-08.
· 1st Prize at Kaladeep Monsoon show 2008-2009.
· Merit Certificate at Kalavart Nyas Art competition, Ujjain 2008-09.
· 1st Prize at Dolly Corsetjee Mural Competition 2008-09.
· Camlin Honorary Prize for Painting, Mumbai.
· 2nd Prize at Kaladeep Annual Exhibition, Mumbai 2008-09.
· Group show at The Hagan Fine Art Gallery, Charleston, South Carolina, 2016
· FAA Alumni Show, Mana Contemporary,New Jersey, 2015.
· Royal Society of Portrait Painters, Mall Galleries, London, 2015.
· “Impressions” Show at The Jehangir Art Gallery, Mumbai, 2013.
· Sixth Alumni Florence Academy of Art Exhibit, 2012.
· Participated in the Fifth Alumni Florence Academy of Art Exhibition, Florence, Italy with a few donated works to raise scholarship fund.
· Maharashtra State Art Exhibitions - 2007-08, 2008-09.